Sunday, December 22, 2013

Dreams

I read in Leo Babauta's minimalism blog, "List 4 essential things in your life, do these first."

I haven't finalized my list yet, but here are some dreams I have or before I die. Hopefully I will accomplish these in the next ten years.

In no particular order:

  • Learn how to serve others/volunteer for an extended time
  • Work/volunteer at a living history museum and learn pioneer/homesteading skills
  • Travel soon for more than a week
  • Sing regularly
  • Go to Peru
  • Visit Amish country
  • Have an enlightening experience
  • Learn ceramics
  • See the Northern Lights
  • Walk the pioneer trek
  • Sleep overnight on a train
  • Go to Argentina again
  • Learn more carpentry skills
  • Visit the Amish in Pennsylvania
  • Live full-time in a trailer
  • Go to the Himalayas

Many of these dreams involve traveling. I want to learn more about the world in which I live and learn more about myself in the process. I want to come back and know more of what I want to do and have the confidence to do it. There is more to my life. I must be the one in charge.

And for your listening pleasure, here is "Dreams" by Brandi Carlile

No comments:

Post a Comment