Monday, January 6, 2014

Haste Makes Waste

I read about people who have few possessions, and it makes me want to drastically reduce my possessions, despite giving away many things already. I have noticed a difference between the right mindset of eliminating excess and the frantic effort to get rid of anything not necessary. I can tell when I'm trying to get rid of something just to for the sake of getting rid of something. I feel like reducing (relatively) slowly in the right mindset is better than deciding in haste.

I just had the realization that it should be this way with my journey. As much as I would like to have a singular event or packaged amount of time in which I "find" myself, gain a lot of confidence, and come to a career conclusion, it's probably not the Lord's way. I need to build off of what I have already experienced, not replace it. I'd rather do this process right rather than rush. This is how it will be, and I will try to be patient with the timing in which events unfold.

1 comment: