Wednesday, January 22, 2014

James

James has been pivotal in this journey I'm now on. He's so young (21!), especially in the Gospel, yet he has a knowledge that he's had for a long time now. He says he knew the Gospel before he even came into contact with the Church. He's received revelation from the Father, and that has guided him to this point. He knows his path and what he has to do. He looks ahead into the future. 

Once I was doing a project for school, and to get input from my dad, I asked him what is the best characteristic of a good leader. He said vision. I didn't think it to be a good enough answer for me to report on--it's not as solid as great speaking abilities, per se. But what my dad said is true. Vision is necessary to determine what you do in the present. It gives you direction. How can you know what to do if you don't know where you're going?

James is very different from me, but there's a connection there because he has gone through my same journey, in a sense. It seems like he is "woken up" to what this life is for. He is striving to live his purpose. These are all things I strive after, and I appreciate his vision, encouragement, and optimism. I am able to help James by listening to his point of view and allowing him to express himself. I guess I'm the only person in his vicinity that can listen and understand, or at least get the idea of what he's trying to express. 

I told him I don't understand everything he says, especially when it comes to his specific purpose, but I do feel the Spirit when he speaks to me, and so I will trust that. He's not like most people, and so maybe I need to listen more intently to what he says. He can see things for their true purpose, instead of contenting himself with the normal belief held by most of our peers. 

It just seems to be a great symbiotic relationship, and I can't wait to learn more, and I really love being able to have a positive influence on his day.

No comments:

Post a Comment