Friday, February 21, 2014

Positive Updates

I am learning more to decide things on my own. I followed after James and bought a nice big whiteboard, yet I am crafting my future on it. Today I was able to make clear categories for goals: short, medium, long, and then an extra column for what to pack. 

I am in the progression stages, and I am changing my perspective. The Bible Dictionary defines repentance as "a change of mind, a fresh view about God, about oneself, and about the world." It seems I am in the process of repentance. 

My prayers are changing, too. There is less telling the Lord what I want and more communing with Him. This is very helpful in allowing me to learn more of how He works and establishing independent communication with Him which I can trust. This will be invaluable as I soon will make many significant decisions to shape my future.

I am thankful for where I am at. Without James to push me into frustration, I wouldn't have taken this kind of responsibility for my growth. Without those special experiences, I wouldn't have wondered if there was something more to discover and live. And yes, thank you to the many Reddit posts I have passed time in front of. They are specific and unattainable and unrelatable enough to make me experiment on my own. 

Thank you to the people who recognize they shouldn't solve my problems. Thank you to the people who inspire me to act for myself. I am doing it.

. . . I am doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment