Thursday, March 20, 2014

Preparation

I have made lists of things I need to do, things to bring with me, and places to go. Most of them are written on my big whiteboard:



It keeps me focused. I can take a daily inventory of what I have left to do. 
I won't bore you with all the details, but I have been able to get a few things done. 

I feel there is a dichotomy here: I have visual progress of my preparation for the trip, yet I hardly have any solid itineraries for actually being in the country. I can't give people specific dates, I don't know where I'm staying, and I don't even know where I'm visiting really before the school internship, apart from Lima and Nasca. 

I have learned in the temple that everything made during the creation was planned for before it was executed. The action just went according to the plans constructed. That is how the Lord works. He does not do something without thought, consideration, foresight, or intent. 
Gilbert, AZ LDS Temple

I fear lest my lack of planning will make me more susceptible to the dangers out there, but I also feel I have some time to plan when I'm flying or after I've landed. There isn't necessarily a time crunch.

I guess, when in doubt, act like you have a plan. And I can't discredit all that I've learned or prepared so far. 

It's going to work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment