Sunday, March 15, 2015

A prayer with an answer


I thank Thee for what Thou hast given me.
I thank Thee from my heart,
but what am I supposed to do now?
Where am I to start?

So many choices I have,
so many different ways to go.
If I choose and choose amiss,
how am I to know?

What if I make a mistake?
What if I slip and fall?
- Don't you know, my child?
That's the planning of it all.

You were made to make wrong choices,
Heaven knows it well.
You can't expect to be perfect.
That's what I've been trying to tell you.

You have at least one failing,
it's plain to see.
You don't trust the God who made you.
Where's your faith in Me?

I made the mountains and the rivers,
and I even made you, too.
Don't you think that all is in my hands,
and I will do the best for you?

I know your situation;
Every little detail
of your life is right before me.
I won't let you fail.

Use what I have given you,
make your talents shine,
for I will be there with you:
I'll give you Help Divine.

So trust, and hope, and do your best
(there's no penalty for that),
and just remember, I am here
for when you will fall flat

for it's really not a failure,
just a little test
to learn to lean on Me completely,

and then, I'll help you be better than your best.

No comments:

Post a Comment