Monday, December 23, 2013

Kickstart to Introspection

I decided to watch a movie one day that had been floating around on Netflix. It's called Wake Up. It's about a young guy who all of a sudden is able to see angels, spirits, and demons. He goes on a three-year journey to figure out what it all means and what he should do with this gift that seems like a curse. After talking with scientists, mystics, friends, and philosophers, Jonas takes a vision quest on a Native American reservation in the Pacific Northwest. He fasts for multiple days and stays within a safe circle in the middle of a forest. While driving back home and at the end of the movie, he seems to "get it." There is clarity and confidence in his speech and personality, and he doesn't seem to be plagued anymore by his problem. It was an enlightening experience, personal revelation.

I highly recommended this movie to my family and friends. The next day, my parents wanted to watch it. I watched it with them, trying to figure out what the secret was to his revelation. My parents enjoyed the movie. After it ended, I went in my room and started to cry, not knowing what for. There was a connection I had to this man's experience, and I wanted to have it for myself. I felt a distinct Spirit in my chest, different from other times. It felt like an indicator of a new journey.

Since then, I have had multiple experiences with this new Spirit, which is actually just the old Spirit that I've experienced scores of times. Now is the designated time to continue on this path and come closer to finding my true and specific purpose. I have the time and the opportunity right now. I just wish I could avoid the regular world for a few weeks and work it out in one sitting, but I know it won't happen like that. Many drops of water make up a deep well. It is not deposited all at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment