Thursday, January 9, 2014

Life Update

My parents got an offer on their house, which means they will be moving no later than March 16 to California. I will stay here and wait to see what happens at work. My friend has a vacancy at her house, and I will live there for a couple of months until I figure out what to do.

Here's a list of near-future possibilities if I don't keep my current job:

  • Visit my great aunt's son (not sure what the title is) and his wife in Colorado on their homestead for a couple of weeks and learn about organic farming and broom-making
  • Visit my parents for a week or so after they have moved
  • Do some crazy thing like teach English in another country or get a job in Peru for 6 mo-1 year or join the Peace Corps
  • Live with my sister in California in the old house she is renting. Her roommate moves out May 31.
  • Take a road trip (maybe visit some Amish)

As you can see, my schedule is wide open. I would like to get back into Spanish, and I hear jobs are easier to get once you're in the country. I've saved up a bit of money, but I don't want to spend it all in one year without any income. 

I should hire a life coach to help me sort all this out.

No comments:

Post a Comment