Friday, January 17, 2014

Why

Why did I decide to buy a plane ticket to Peru?

I was talking with James. He shared some pretty heavy stuff with me. He told me it was his purpose, his vision, what the Father has revealed to him. That sounded great, but it made me think about what my purpose is. 

As we talked, I could feel his energy and excitement. It was contagious. I felt like we connected. It must have been the Spirit. He said, "The thing that you want to do--just do it." Peru hadn't been my priority dream, but it just came out of my mouth: "I want to go to Peru!" "Alright, do it, then!" But immediately, I thought, "What?!? Go to Peru?! That's such a crazy idea! Why would I do that?" But I felt somewhat committed, like saying the words made them more of a reality, a possibility. 

I thought this commitment would bring immediate opposition from the adversary--full of doubts, second-guesses, and negativity. I did experience that for a moment driving home, but for the most part, as I have been fostering these ideas and researching more about traveling down there, it's making more sense. I have some money available, my work is ending, my parents are (hopefully) moving to another state to retire, I'm single, I don't have any immediate life plans that would interfere. I have a freedom available to me...

Why not go to Peru?

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that's an exciting possibility! Why Peru? What do you want to do there? How long will you stay? Looking forward to hearing more about your plans....

    ReplyDelete